Vegetable Ratatouille with Fresh Tomato Sauce
¼ cup olive oil
2 onions sliced into thin rings
3 cloves garlic minced
2 Zucchini cubed
2 medium Yellow Squash Diced
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
2-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
4 Plum Tomatoes
1 16oz can stewed tomatoes
- Chop all vegetables.
- Start by sautéing onions and garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Once the onions are translucent, add in the chopped peppers and sauté over medium heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- When peppers are soft, throw in chopped zucchini and remaining ingredients along with the can of tomatoes.
- Cover pot and allow to sit for about 20 minutes while the vegetables get tender and all the flavors combine.
- Serve with parmesan cheese or mozzarella on top (optional).