Zucchini Pumpkin Bread
While this yummy and vitamin rich bread can be enjoyed year round, it’s especially good in the Fall and for Thanksgiving!
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves)
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 ¼ cups shredded zucchini
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
½ cup canola oil
½ cup water
½ cup chopped walnut (optional)
½ cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, zucchini and water.
4. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Fold in walnuts and raisins if desired.
6. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).