CKA's Perfect Pizzas
To make this recipe even easier, you can buy either English Muffins or Pita Bread and use them instead of dough…though dough is so much more fun! If going this route, spread some garlic/basil infused olive oil on the bread, toast lightly – remove from oven, dress with sauce and toppings and then return it to the oven to bake until done!
Pizza Dough (You can make homemade or buy pre-packaged – Trader Joe’s has a great pizza dough in a plastic bag…or go to your local pizza place and they will sell you raw dough as well.)
· Tomato Sauce
· Mozzarella Cheese
· Parmesan Cheese
· Assorted Veggies:
- Fresh basil
· Seasonings can include: dry oregano, basil and garlic powder. Also salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Sauté veggies until just done. Don’t overcook!
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste (or something with more kick if you’re game!).
4. Divide pizza dough into small balls and flatten out to about 8 inch diameters.
5. Spoon tomato sauce on top of dough and spread (not too much or it will be too wet) ** Make sure to leave ½ inch free of sauce around the diameter of the pizza for the crust!
6. On top of the sauce, add the topping(s) of your choice and top with both cheeses (shredded).
7. Slide pizza onto either a pizza stone or a baking pan (spray the pan to avoid sticking – or use corn meal!).
8. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
9. Remove from oven, let rest for a minute and serve. Be careful, it will be hot when you cut it!