Roasted Grape And Ricotta Crostini
This recipe makes for a phenomenal hors d'oeuvre or as a side dish to any entrée. The sweet and savory combo will take you on a fantastic trip to flavor town!
1 good quality baguette, cut into 12 half-inch pieces
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp herb garlic powder
A bunch of red grapes - you want about 48 grapes total.
6 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
10 fresh thyme sprigs
2 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast on a bake sheet (or griddle) until golden - about 8 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and turn heat up to 450*F.
4. In a small bowl, combine ricotta with one tablespoon of olive oil, the herb garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, toss the grapes with 3 tbsp olive oil, good grindings of pepper and salt and 6 sprigs of thyme.
6. Place on a parchment lined bake sheet and roast until skins pucker - about 8-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, spread the ricotta on the cooled baguette slices and set aside.
8. When the grapes have puckered, remove them from oven, let them cool until you are able to comfortably handle them but are still quite warm.
9. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp of honey. Season, if needed, with more salt or pepper.
10. Place 4 or 5 roasted grapes on top of the ricotta, garnish with some fresh thyme sprigs and serve immediately. Makes 12 crostini.