Lemon Edamame Pasta
1 pound spaghetti (or whatever pasta you prefer)
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 tsp garlic and herb powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cups shelled edamame
1. Steam edamame until just tender (not too soft!). Shell the edamame in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, garlic powder, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
4. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
5. Toss the pasta with the edamame, lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.