Grilled Fruit Summer Salsa
2 small firm ripe mangoes
2 cored pineapple, rings, about 1/2-inch thick
2 just ripened peaches
1 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
2/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Cut 1/2-inch thick slice from flat sides of each mango. Score the flesh in a crisscross pattern, without cutting through the skin. Reserve remaining mango for another use (or you can use it if you want more mango in the salsa). Cut the peaches in half.
2. Grill mango/peaches, cut-side down, and pineapple over medium heat of well-greased grill 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning pineapple once.
3. Cool until able to handle. Push mango from skin side to pop the flesh up. Cut both mango and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
4. Mix grilled fruit, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, agave nectar, vinegar and smoked paprika in medium bowl until well blended.
5. Can serve immediately or chill before doing so.
6. Serve with regular tortilla chips or you can lightly spray the chips with non-stick spray and then lightly dust them with cinnamon sugar and warm them in the oven prior to serving.