Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Griddle Cakes
There really isn’t a better Thanksgiving-ish breakfast than these phenomenal pancakes! They exude a warming spice that will comfort you on any brisk Fall Saturday or Sunday morning! Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
A pinch of ground clove
1/2 teaspoon Salt
6 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 cups half and half or Milk
1 whole Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and the egg.
3. Fold mixture into dry ingredients and then mix in cranberries.
4. Melt some butter (or use non-stick spray) in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
5. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.
Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.