One Pot Farmer's Market Pasta
This recipe is a great way to make a meal without making a huge mess in your kitchen! Great flavors come together for a delicious meal that young and old alike will love!
12 ounces pasta (Your choice - Linguine works great!)
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
1 large sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot.
2. Pour in vegetable broth.
3. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.
4. Drizzle top with oil.
5. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
7. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – (you can leave about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot).
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper - stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
9. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.