Banana Ginger Loaf
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt together in a bowl.
3. Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
4. Stir bananas, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture until well blended.
5. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until batter is just combined; pour into the prepared pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.
7. Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.